CRITICAL HOME REPAIR
Habitat’s Critical Home Repair program is an extension of our mission to build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
Habitat for Humanity of the Middle Keys’ Critical Home Repair program is an outreach initiative to assist Irma damaged homes for low and moderate income families.
Repairs may include:
- Modifications for accessibility (i.e., adding ramps)
- Repair or installation of exterior landing, stairs and railings for safe entrance and exit from a home
- Interior Drywall
- Repair of doors, flooring and other items to make the home livable, safe and secure.
Eligibility to Receive a Critical Home Repair:
- The person is a homeowner living in Marathon/Middle Keys (7 mile bridge to Layton) and the home is the owner’s primary residence
- The repairs must be Hurricane Irma damage related
- The home is current on mortgage, property taxes and insurance payments
- Willingness to partner with Habitat for Humanity and work side by side with volunteers to complete the work—if physically unable to do this, there are other ways to partner that can be discussed
- Gross family income of applicant(s) is at or below 80% of Monroe County’s 2017 median income*
- Repayment will be required in the form of sweat equity and various payment options which may include a 0% interest loan. The amount homeowners will repay for the work of Habitat will be a percentage of the value of the work provided. Approved applicants will be provided a scope of work and the repayment amount prior to any work being performed. Payment plans are available. Home owners who have received financial assistance (insurance claim money, fema money or other assistance will be asked to contribute those dollars specific to the repairs the money was deemed for to their home)
If you can financially support the rebuild of our island, you may make donations online at www.HabitatMiddleKeys.org or mail a check to
8055 Overseas Hwy
Marathon, FL 33050
#HabitatHammersBack #HabitatMiddleKeys #HabitatFlorida
Habitat Middle Keys is so proud and grateful to be a recipient of a $10,000 grant via this program. Please share so everyone in Florida will purchase a plate and support affordable home ownership for all. Available online at floridarealtors.org/licenseplate or at your county tax collector's office. Read more information at www.homeownershipforall.org.
Publix Super Markets Charities makes monumental impact on Habitat!
Habitat for Humanity of the Middle Keys Information Video
Habitat for Humanity of the Middle Keys is a non-profit Christian housing ministry founded on the belief that every man, woman and child deserves a safe, decent and affordable home to call their own.
Volunteers can contribute their time to give Habitat’s mission a tangible form with future homeowner families. Individuals, religious organizations and corporations that support our mission provide the tax-deductible donations of money, land and materials that make building a home for a deserving family possible.
Since 1991, Habitat for Humanity of the Middle Keys and its volunteers, have created truly affordable homeownership for qualified income level families. We create homeownership alongside these families who demonstrate need and willingness to partner with Habitat. Families invest hundreds of hours of their own “sweat-equity” labor into the houses and our community. When a home is complete, it is sold to a hard working family with a 0% interest loan. This loan makes the monthly mortgage payments a truly affordable home that they can call their own.
Please contact us to ask how you can help and become part of our mission.
“It is so emotional to watch a child get to ‘pick’ his or her
own room for the first time in their lives” — Anonymous Donor